Thursday, January 21, 2010

Wall of Whimsy, Slew of Scarves, Cupcakes, and Photography 3

In my adorable little apartment,
I have what I enjoy referring to as my wall of whimsy.
It is my collection of the glorious little things I have found,
or been given.

I am particularly fond of these brightly colored plaster banks.
Hopefully this collection will grow.

Yesterday during a deep move all of the furniture, dust, vacuum,
and organize type cleaning I realized that I have a huge amount of scarves.
I decided that rather than shove them in to a drawer
I would display them. And this is what happened!

It is a hanging slew of scarves.
I think it is fantastic, well at least for now until I can find a better way of hanging them.

I also made cupcakes and learned how to make dark chocolate ganache frosting, which is basically a miracle. I'm sure it is fairly terrible for me, but goodness, it is battling with fudge for my love which is saying a lot.
It made me happy to use my pretty cupcake liners too.

Alright, on another note, I have started photography three for the 2nd time.
We are taking portraits with partners, this is mine.
He's not grumpy, just making a face.

I'm sure he will be thrilled that I'm throwing him up here, but honestly how many people run across my blog anyways. I have the feeling that he is a better photographer than I am, because the above is what I came up with, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I am the better crafter.

This is what he came up with, I did fix it up a little bit though.
We are going to take some more photos tomorrow. Hopefully I'll come across some sort of photographic inspiration tonight, so I'm not completely clueless tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Alysha, you have such a lovely, unique outlook on life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know how you feel, I am lost in Photo 3 I know that i've never been a confident photo person but From what I can see your scarf Ideas are coming along well :)

    ReplyDelete