Wednesday, May 26, 2010

An Ode to Domestication

Alright, I'm trying something new, please enjoy some musical entertainment while reading.


An Ode to Domestication,

I come from a long line of very crafty ladies, including, my mother
my great and grandmothers, and great aunts. This only slightly
explains my obsessive love of fabric, especially fabrics like the ones
used inthis glorious quilt made by my Great Aunt Jo. It is one of my
favorite possessions.

I have spent numerous hours trying to pick out my favorite
fabrics out of quilts like this one that have been passed down.
These are a few of my favorites from this one.
For some reason I have always liked the little indian heads,
and these clothes that are running around with little stick people in them.


Also, today I got a new cupcake cookbook,
Unlike so many cupcake books this one does not have hokey
recipes that only show you how to decorate the tops like
lady bugs or clowns. Its actually quite informative, and has
recipes like this one, for apple streusel cinnamon swirl cup cakes

So KU folks and other friends in Lawrence, be excited for things like
Lemon angel cupcakes, butter almond tea cakes, and chocolate
sweetheart cupcakes. Pittsburg friends, its ok to cry a little and
I'm really sorry I didn't find this book till now.

No comments:

Post a Comment