Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My Lovely Trip to OPE

So I thought I would share my drip to the Oshkosh Placement Exchange
with the world.
Unfortunately I did not have a camera so I have illustrated
my trip with some photo illustrations.

I was sleeping peacefully thursday morning after a long night
of worried packing, frantic double checking, and loud boy
shushing when my alarm went off at 6:30am.

So I stretched and jumped out of bed excited for what the
weekend would bring.

Jennifer, Shawn and I drove to Kansas City where we met
up with Melissa.
We got our boarding passes, and

jumped on a plane to Milwaukee Wisconsin!

When we landed we got a sweet silver ride and drove on
to Oshkosh.
I was still pretty tired from my busy night so I napped,
but still managed to catch a few glimpses of the lovely Wisconsin country side.


I awoke from my nap to find that we had arrived. We all got out and headed inside the conference center. From this point on I was a little overwhelmed for two reasons.
1. There was a frenzy of posters everywhere for any school you can imagine.
2. There weren't any door decs.

However my fears and butterflies subsided after I packed
and helped hang up some posters for Pitt State. That evening
we ate at Red Robin, which is very tasty!

Friday morning I woke up once more at 6:30 to find that
my little cold had turned into a big one. So I took some
meds a headed off for a candidate briefing and a breakfast social with KU.

After breakfast I started feeling a bit better and started
off my long day of interviews.
The day had its ups and downs, which were caused
mostly by the amount of congestion and pressure I was feeling.

I made it through though and ended the day with some
delicious food and a big smile on my face.

Saturday I awoke feeling a bit better, and started yet another
long long long long long day of interviews.

Finally around 6 I had finished! So I turned up my music
in my room, put on a dress and danced around feeling very proud of myself.

That evening there was a social for everyone who had gone
to OPE. Everyone. It was intense.
But the food was amazing, and I had my first cheese curd experience.
Yes, they did squeak.

Finally it was time to go home, but first we made a pit stop at Shawn's
house to eat brunch with his family. It was delicious, and just what I needed.

We drove back to Milwaukee, and I napped again.

Then we flew home to Kansas!
The whole experience was something else. I was intimidated,
scared, hopeful, happy, hungry, ecstatic, and a whole bunch of
other things rolled into one. Way to many feelings for three days.
I'm expecting good things to come of this, and I wanted to share it with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment